Unlike some other casino games, you have a
good shot of increasing your win percentage if you use a reasonably
simple strategy. Now, keep in mind the video poker odds will always
be in the casinos favor --however these simple guidelines should at the
very least allow you to keep playing a little longer --and with a little
luck you may just hit that royal flush.
Here We'll discuss the strategy
for what is probably the most popular video poker game Jacks or better.
1) Select a full pay video poker game. To determine if a
machine is full pay, look at the payout table (There will usually be a
link to it on the main screen). Next, look at the Flush and Full
House Values. A full pay machine will show a 9/6 payout - The flush will
payout 9 chips and the full house will payout 6 chips for each
credit bet. Avoid any Jacks or Better Game that has less then a 9/6
2) Always bet the maximum number of chips. Virtually all Video
Poker Machines payout a big bonus or jackpot for hitting a royal flush
with a maximum bet. You don't get this bonus if you're betting less then
3) Have a specific amount that you're willing to lose before you start
playing and stick with it.
4) During each hand ---take your time. You're playing against a
machine and there are no time limits, don't rush, make sure you know
exactly what you have before you discard.
5) Beginners should play at the smallest coin size or try a "Play For
Free" Game until they've developed a feel for the game.
When You're ready to start playing here's a few tips to help you maximize
1) Hold a pair but discard the Kicker.
2) Don't draw four cards if you can draw three to a royal
3) Although it's tempting, never break a straight to draw to a straight
4) Never draw five cards if you're holding a jack or better.
5) Always break a flush to draw to a Royal Flush.
Lastly, here's some Video Poker Strategy Related articles. Enjoy!
Video Poker combines both Luck and skill. The luck part is the cards
that are randomly dealt to the player. The skill part encompasses much
more then simply knowing what to hold and what to fold. In this article
we'll discuss some of the things every video poker player should be
doing, regardless of their game play strategy... Read More to
Improve Your Winning Percentage Immediately.